9 900 000 $
This utterly sumptuous residence on the shores of The Lake of Two Mountains has a storied past and was once the home of Sir John Abbott. Few words can express the degree of sophistication of this fine residence: its numerous improvements have enhanced its grandiose style rather than modified it. A classically grand home with the finest of features.
- Year Built1861
- Powder Rooms1
- LandscapingLand / Yard lined with hedges ,Landscape
- Heating systemAir circulation
- Water supplyShallow well
- Heating energyOther
- Equipment availableWater softener ,Central vacuum cleaner system installation ,Alarm system ,Electric garage door ,Central heat pump
- Easy accessElevator
- FoundationPoured concrete ,Stone
- Hearth stoveWood fireplace ,Gaz fireplace
- GarageHeated ,Double width or more ,Fitted
- Distinctive featuresWater access ,Wooded ,Waterfront ,Hemmed in ,Navigable
- ProximityHighway ,Golf ,Park - green area ,Bicycle path
- Bathroom / WashroomAdjoining to the master bedroom ,Whirlpool bath-tub ,Seperate shower
- Basement6 feet and over ,Finished basement
- ParkingOutdoor (20) ,Garage (7)
- Window typeFrench window
- RoofingAsphalt shingles
- ViewWater ,Panoramic
- ZoningAgricultural ,Residential
- Sewage systemBIONEST system
- DrivewayBIONEST system
- Municipal Taxes34 932 $ (2018)
- School taxes8 459 $ (2017)
Kitchen appliances, Washer & Dryer, Light Fixtures, Wall Sconces, Home Theater, Commercial Refrigerator
All the farm machinery's.
AddendaConceived in 1860 by the venerable Canadian architects, the Maxwell brothers, 'Bois-Briant' is one of the finest residences in Senneville having welcomed, among many other dignitaries and royalty, Sir J. Joseph C. Abbott. This estate sits on 34 acres landscaped by renowned architect Frederick Law Olmstead and features over 700 feet of water-frontage on the Lake of Two-Mountains. Beside the gates stands a completed renovated guardhouse from which the caretaker manages access to the domain and off the winding country road lie the vast private apple orchards with over 400 apple trees, forests, trails and a historic mill built in 1679. Thus presenting an opportunity also to start one's own apple orchard for which the MAPAQ has interesting incentives. For equestrian enthusiasts, the vast swaths of land also present an ideal canvas for horseback riding, breeding facilities or even boarding. The agricultural zoning of the land may also be optimized for farming-related activities. The 170 Senneville, one of the most prestigious waterfront site in the island of Montreal, includes three buildings and 2 independent pavilions, representing one of the finest opportunities for a buyer in search of any of the following: Secondary residence, country estate, agricultural business, a domain for horse enthusiasts featuring wonderful water frontage... the possibilities are endless and maintenance cost are low.
*All fireplaces need to be verified by the buyer & are sold without any warranty with respect to their compliance with applicable regulations & insurance company requirements
*The choice of building inspectors is to be agreed upon by both parties
*176 Senneville is rented until July 1st 2018 for $1,100/month
Are you interested in this property?
Contact one of our agents for more information.